I have a headless file server running debian that just stopped connecting to the internet. Console output:
Dmesg: [ 84.248344] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready [ 85.941389] svc: failed to register lockdv1 RPC service (errno 97). [ 85.942416] NFSD: Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the NFSv4 state recovery directory [ 85.978573] NFSD: starting 90-second grace period [ 87.433777] tg3: eth0: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex. [ 87.433780] tg3: eth0: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX. [ 87.433822] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready [ 97.588019] eth0: no IPv6 routers present [ 980.549773] tg3: eth0: Link is down. [ 1080.251698] tg3: eth0: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex. [ 1080.251701] tg3: eth0: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX netstat -r: Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 10.0.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 default 10.0.0.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0 Contests of /etc/network/interfaces file: # The loopback network interface auto lo iface lo inet loopback # The primary network interface allow-hotplug eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp
I can still get into the server itself from my local network. I've switched out the physical cables just to rule that out, and am willing to replace the network card if it comes to that, I have spares.
[Edit] Added the console output. I'll admit once I got this up and running last summer I pretty much left it at that. My partner and I moved recently and from the moment I turned it back on that's when the problems began. I'm just now noticing that I can't get online because I tried to run an old bot script I wrote and it kept timing out. Upon trying to update my packaging that too kept timing out so I figured something was up.
Ifconfig and getent cause bash to tell me they're not installed at all. Again, I really did just set this up and leave it the hell alone. I've been an arch user for years and just didn't want to have to spend nearly the amount of time with this that I do on my laptop.