I'm looking for a storage system for replacing a custom built backup system. I have looked briefly at MogileFS and OpenStack Object Storage but I still don't know if any of these suits my needs since I need to archive disks offline when they're full.
- Can handle 100M files up to a few MiB each.
- Support offline/cold disks.
- Supports multiple nodes at different locations.
- Supports redundancy by storing files multiple times. E.g. "this file should be stored once in both datacenter X and Y. This file should be store only once and I don't care where."
- Should use a custom API and not be POSIX filesystem compatible.
- Should run in an Linux or Free BSD environment.
The hardest requirement is supporting offline/cold disks. This is due to that only a few disk can be online at a time. When they are full they will be replaced with empty disks and archived in a safe place.
Which software will fit my needs?