I have run into an interesting issue with Remote Assistance on Windows 7 Embedded Standard. I am able to create a Remote Assistance Invitation and use this to connect from a technician PC, but when I attempt to run msra /offerra and specify the computer name I am greeted with the prompt, "Your offer to help could not be sent". I had to manually install the cab using dism. I will quickly outline the steps I took so far.
- Renamed 'remotepg.dl_' to 'remotepg.dll'
- Executed dism /online /add-package /packagepath:
- Restarted the workstation
- Copied msra.exe.mui to %windir%\System32\en-US
- Restarted the workstation again
- Attempted to launch Local Computer Policy and modify the Remote Assistance object and was unable to.
- I copied the admx and adml files from a working Remote Assistance pc and pasted them into %windir%\PolicyDefinitions and en-US on the WS7E unit. This got the Local Computer Policy to load.
- I modified the offer remote assistance settings to what currently are in use on our network.
- Attempted to connect and offerra will only say unable to connect
Here is the package information in case that will help.
dism /online /get-packages | findstr RemoteAssistance Package Identity : WinEmb-RemoteAssistance~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385