If I want to connect two offices physically separate from each other but in the same city, what type of features do I need?
I want to allow the following;
- allow users to log in using accounts
- allow users to log in from home
- have printers attached to the network
- allow users to save files in their account ?file server?
- perhaps a database is needed, not sure why yet
- allow users to send emails
- allow users to telephone calls,voip? any other method?
Some features of the network, each site has at least 15 pc's and 3 multi-function network printers.
I was thinking of the following;
Servers: Mail, Web, File, print, directory, database, VPN
Other: Switch, firewall, router, cat5e cabling, network printers, telephones.
I am not sure if this can be done, but since web and mail requires little bandwidth then only have mail and web server in one location? Can I even merge the two in one server instead of having separate servers for each, and if this is done which of the above servers should be merged into one big server, perhaps (mail, web, file, print) can these coexist in one powerful server? or is not recommended?
This is my proposed network for the main branch
This is for an assignment I need to do but I have never done any networking so I am a bit lost, I have spent 2 days trying to gather as much information as possible.