We have following setup:
- mountserver - debian linux
- fileserver1 - Windows 2008 R2 Storage server
- fileserver2 - Celerra NS20 exporting CIFS share
- workstation - windows 7 with mapped drive to share on fileserver2
What we are doing:
- mounted share from fileserver1 on mountserver, e.g. /shared/fileserver1
- mounted share from fileserver2 on mountserver, e.g. /shared/fileserver2
- ran rsync on mountserver to sync data from fileserver1 to fileserver2.Used atime as parameter to sync data not older than X
- after a while tried to delete data older that Y on /shared/fileserver2.
From what I see, linux stat command on mountserver returns following when quering file on /shared/fileserver2:
At the same time when I open property for the same file using mapped drive connected to fileserver2,I see following for the same file:
As you can see, Created date of 12 August shown in Windows Explorer is nowhere to be seen using stat command
Am I missing something here?