I'm having a small problem with access to shared folders on a Domain Controller from Linux.
Here is my setup:
- 1) Windows 2008 R2 SP1 - DC
- 2) Windows XP SP 3
- 3) Linux Debian 6 + Samba server + LikeWise Open
- Shares on Windows XP are accessible from Linux and Win 2008
- Shares on Linux are accessible from Win XP and Win 2008
- Shares on Win 2008 are accessible from Win XP, but not from Linux (error can't list shared folders), I can only see the machine in the network explorer.
I made several user accounts, all administrators & root accounts, just to be sure. Shared folders permissions are all on full control. I tried an other Linux distro like Mint 12 LXDE (error can't mount).Same problems with or without software updates.
What might cause this problem? Is it a Linux or Windows issue? Are there any optional config files I need to check, extra packages on Linux which need to be installed?
Any tips would be appreciated. Thx.
This is the errorlog:
An account failed to log on. Subject: Security ID: NULL SID Account Name: - Account Domain: - Logon ID: 0x0 Logon Type: 3 Account For Which Logon Failed: Security ID: NULL SID Account Name: mint Account Domain: machx.com Failure Information: Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password. Status: 0xc000006d Sub Status: 0xc000006a Process Information: Caller Process ID: 0x0 Caller Process Name: - Network Information: Workstation Name: MINTOS Source Network Address: 192.168.244.180 Source Port: 36229 Detailed Authentication Information: Logon Process: NtLmSsp Authentication Package: NTLM Transited Services: - Package Name (NTLM only): - Key Length: 0