I was working on the mirroring of the instance. I followed these steps:
- create an image(AMI) of the instance you would like to mirror
- Launch an instance out of the image
- ssh into the new instance and launch the processes
The new instance is running properly.
I also tried the another method.:
- Create a snapshot of an instance
- Create an image from snapshot
- Try and launch the instance from the image.
But somehow the server is not getting set up properly in the second method and it fails the status checks built in Amazon console. I need to figure out the reason as it may be critical at some point to be able to launch a server from the snapshot.