I had SQL Server 2008 R2. But then I need to have SP1. I downloaded
SQLServer2008R2SP1-KB2528583-x64-ENU from Microsoft website and run it. After installation everything was ok, but SQL Server Management Studio didn't work. I downloaded SQL Server Management Studio SP1, but no luck.
After some googling I decided to re-install SQL Server. I totally removed SQL Server and try to run R2 SP1 installer again. But got following issue:
- SQL Server installation center opens
- I click "New installation"
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup screen opens and offer to install support files
- Click Next
- Progress goes to 100%, seems everything ok, but window disappears and nothing happens....
- 04/29/2012 16:09:15.372 Attempting to run user requested action from local setup100.exe
- 04/29/2012 16:09:15.430 Attempting to launch process C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\SQLServer2008R2\x64\setup100.exe
- 04/29/2012 16:09:15.463 Error: Failed to launch process
- 04/29/2012 16:09:15.513 Error: Failed to launch local setup100.exe: 0x80070003
Does anybody know what's problem?
Goto "Programs and Components" and remove "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup". Then, run installer again