What i have:
- Linux machine (debian stable) without monitor, keyboard, no X running
- USB-device which acts like an USB-keyboard (like many barcode-readers )
What i (don't) want:
- I want to use this device only for one specific application.
- I don't want to have this device interfere with e.g. the
loginprocess after booting or anything else - except the one application.
- In any way, i want to be able to plug in a plain old USB keyboard an use it as such - independent of how many other USB-devices like mentioned above may be connected or not.
What i (don't) know:
- I found some example codes, about how to read directly from the event devices and can use this in my application, if needed.
- I don't know, how to disable a specific keyboard for the whole system except this specific application? Is this even possible?
Thanks for any hints ... !
 When the device reads a barcode, it's sends the detected code as single key presses and commits with return.