I was working on the mirroring of an EC2 instance. I followed these steps
- create an image(AMI) of the instance you would like to mirror
- Launch an instance out of the image
- ssh into the new instance and launch the processes
The new instance worked like a charm.
I also tried the another method.
- Create a snapshot of an instance
- Create an image from snapshot
- Try and launch the instance from the image.
But somehow the server is not getting set up properly and it fails the status checks built in Amazon console. I need to figure out the reason as it may be critical at some point to be able to launch a server from the snapshot.