I have an asp.net website that targets framework 4 and I want to run it on a win 2003 web server. Several questions floating through my mind right now are:
- Can I run it on Win Server 2003?
- If so, what do I need to do beyond installing framework 4?
- Would I have to upgrade from IIS6 to a higher version?
- If I install framework 4 will it automatically show up under the ASP.NET tab of the website properties in IIS Manager?
- Anything else I should know or consider?
I was tasked with this project, but I'm more of a SQL Server and WinForms kind of guy and have limited experience with web development. The last thing I want to do is waste an entire day on this just to find out that it's not even possible so any help here would be much appreciated.