I'm having some trouble with setting up a SMTP server on a windows server 2003 machine, while trying to send emails using PHP through the internet, but to domain email addresses.
- I'm a newbie on this, so I don't know many of the concepts
- Machine has Windows Server 2003 Server
- Machine on a domain (mydomain.com)
- Machine is not a domain controller
- Machine accesses a domain controller through the internet (WAN with a corporate VPN link by the internet provider setup on the machine's gateway - adsl modem/router)
- Email addresses use the same suffix (mydomain.com)
- Do not have access to domain controller configuration
- TCP/IP DNS: 1st 192.168.200.xxx 2nd 220.127.116.11
- Direct access to domain controller is functional
- PHP mail using localhost to a email@example.com won't work, because the remote mail server rejects emails from internal traffic (apparently!?!) (internal DNS)
- TCP/IP DNS: 1st 18.104.22.168 2nd 192.168.200.xxx (switched)
- Direct access to domain controller is not functional, only local accounts work
- PHP mail using localhost to a firstname.lastname@example.org does work, because the remote mail server is accessed through its internet/external address (ISP DNS).
So, what I needed is to have both (1) access to the domain controller and (2) PHP mail using localhost to a email@example.com account working.
Any pointers? Thanks in advance
edit: initally posted at stackoverflow but changed it here after recommendation.