We have a services in a isolated network. These services need to authenticate users against the Active Directory server.
However the Active Directory server is not directly available so I have to setup a LDAP proxy in the isolated network. The LDAP proxy will then have access to the AD.
- Is this possible/feasible?
- Is the term "proxy" the good term?
- Is A Microsoft AD server mandatory or OpenLDAP will do the job fine?
- I have few knowledge about AD/LDAP, how is the learning curve?
- A few hints where to begin?