We have a services in a isolated network. These services need to authenticate users against the Active Directory server.
However the Active Directory server is not directly available so I have to setup a LDAP proxy in the isolated network. The LDAP proxy will then have access to the AD. Note that access must be read only and this proxy will have access to only one AD server.
- Is this possible/feasible?
- Is the term "proxy" the good term?
- Is A Microsoft AD server mandatory or OpenLDAP will do the job fine?
- I have few knowledge about AD/LDAP, how is the learning curve?
- A few hints where to begin?