My company currently has stress tests that are run manually through JMeter. We also use TeamCity for automation of JUnit testing.
It's become clear that we need to automate our stress testing as well to provide more generalized testing of our entire web application. I have been looking for a solution where I could use JMeter within TeamCity but I have no yet found anything. Has anyone done this successfully? Anyone have other recommendations that I should consider?
Update May 15th
After some more research I have found some interesting scripts, particularly jmeter-ec2. The ec2 API is a little criptic, but I could see the following working from within TeamCity:
- Create ec2 AMI with latest version of our software on it.
- Launch AMI as a virtual instance
- Wait for server to come online
- Run jmeter-ec2 against server with jmeter test set
- Use jmeter-ec2 to retrieve test results
- Parse test results and report back to TeamCity
This seems to reach the desired result but it also seems pretty complex. Anyone done this before or something like it who could comment on best practices?