I am attempting to reconfigure the "View Issue" screen on a basically default JIRA 4.4 installation. So far, I am unable to actually see this new screen I have created in action on any issues, and I am unsure what I am doing wrong -- though it is probably something simple.
The steps I took were:
- Created a new screen
- Created a new screen scheme
- Attached my new screen to the "View Issue" action of the new scheme
- Attached my screen scheme to a new issue type scheme
- Attached my issue type scheme to my project
- Performed a re-index (not sure this is necessary)
However, I still do not see my new view screen in place of the old one; all of the normal defaults are still there. I also tried restarting JIRA to see if that changed anything, but it did not.
Is there anything I am missing? I assume it is just something minor, but maybe JIRA can't do what I am trying to do? Everything I read seems to indicate you can fully configure the issue view via the administrative tool rather than hacking around in the code, but maybe I am just misinterpreting it.