I am having some trouble getting my pxebooting kickstart process working.
The script is known to work when installed via a DVD with the local media on the disk. I have updated the script to work with a remote repository and am leveraging PXEBooting so this can be leveraged for my enterprise. The script executes fine up until it starts to download packages.
Checking the log files on the web server hosting the repository, the first file is downloaded successfully with a 200 HTTP code. But the server running the kickstart indicates a failure and attempts to download the package again. I have confirmed this on the web server, as I see multiple requests for the same package repeated, all with the 200 HTTP code. But kickstart indicates that the download failed.
I am using CentOS 5. I copied the entire first DVD (I do not need the OpenOffice suite from the second) to the location on the web server, so the repodata already exists.
I have been able successfully download software from this repository using other systems that have already been built.
No errors appear in any of the log files that I have found on the kickstarted server, no messages are output to the screen. I have not been able to find any means of debugging this issue.
I am hoping that someone here can provide a link or information on how to attain more detailed debugging information to resolve this.
Thank you in advance.