We are trying to enable a windows login to SQL Server from an untrusted laptop.
- The SQL Server has been enabled to allow the domain account to login and browse the data
- When a domain user connects to the VPN via domain PC (over the internet) they can connect successfully
So we have a guest on non domain pc non on a domain.
- Local user logs on to PC
- Connects to the VPN (using domain credentials)
when trying to browse the fileserver (same as SQL Server) they get:
- The User is not allowed to login from this Workstation
when trying to browse the SQL Server they get:
- Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication
I've done some reseach on the latter message but no links I found talk about our non domain to domain user.
Am I right in thinking that once a user connects to the VPN they impersonate the domain user?