I am trying to set up automatic forwarding of specific e-mails to an external address.
- Company A (e.g. me) is responsible for a certain function at large company B.
- One of the communication channels is an e-mail account at company B (email@example.com).
- To enable a better service, we want to automatically forward certain e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org to an issue-tracking tool at company A (email@example.com)
- Company B use Exchange 2007 as a mail-server
- Handling of the mail-server is handled by company C
- Due to security restrictions it is not allowed to create Outlook rules to forward e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org directly to an external account (email@example.com)
- Due to security policies it is not allowed to forward all e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com (only certain types of e-mails should be forwarded)
- Create rules in Outlook for firstname.lastname@example.org failed due to security restrictions above. As far as I know, it is not possible to configure Exchange to allow external forwarding only for a selected account (it is not an option to enable this for all of company B)
- We setup a server-side forward from a new e-mail account (email@example.com) to firstname.lastname@example.org. This works when manually sending/forwarding mails to email@example.com, but it fails (silently not forwarding e-mails) for automatic forwarding from firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. an Outlook rule forwards selected e-mails from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org, but for some reason those e-mails are not forwarded to email@example.com)
- Any idea why the server-side forward does not work when the e-mails are forwarded using rules on firstname.lastname@example.org?
- Are there other options in how we could achieve a selective forwarding of e-mails from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org?