Creating a Template from a Virtual Hard Disk
You can use sysprep to create templates from virtual machines created of virtualPC. When you create a template from a virtual hard disk. Sysprep strips the virtual machine of its computer identity. If you want to continue to use the source virtual machine, you must clone the virtual machine before you create the template."
The following procedure tells how to create a virtual machine template from an existing virtual hard disk. Prepare the source virtual hard disk, which has the operating system installed, for duplication:
- Run Sysprep on the .vhd file to remove computer identity information from the disk.
- Install Virtual Machine Additions on the .vhd file.
- Add the source .vhd file to the library.
- In Library view, in the Actions pane, click New Template.
- Complete the New Template Wizard.
Note:- There may be some variations in steps, depending on the guest OS.