Do you know a simple script that can do email round trip monitoring ? Here a formal example :
- I want to monitor email service on A.
- I install the script on B.
- B sends an email to A
- A sends an auto-reply to B
- B knows that email service is working well.
- B restarts this test every 30min.
- If B didn't received replies, it sends an alert message.
- B could also monitor round-trip delay of emails.
The goal is to do a simple monitoring of "end to end service" (closest to the user behavior) compared to monitoring many small pieces (ping/smtp/pop3/load/...).