I'm interested in knowing the major differences between these two distros (particularly from a web server prospective).
So far I have learned that:
- Debian generally has a quicker release cycle (so packages may be more up to date)
- Debain allows more up to date packages via 'backports'
- CentOS allows more up to date packages via 'EPEL'
- Debian package manager is 'apt-get' and 'aptitude'
- CentOS package manager is 'yum'
Can you think of more? Especially with regards to administrating the server on a day to day basis?
The purpose of this question is to help people decide on one or the other - and hopefully without off-topic opinion.