I need to provide the recommended amount of RAM and disc space (divided in two partitions) so the customer can create an appropriate virtual machine to run Oracle. All I could find in the documentation was a brief listing with minimum RAM and typical/advanced install types.
The virtual machine will run latest Oracle Standard Edition One (11g release 2 so far) under Windows Server 2008 x64 and will host a reasonably low traffic web application.
How much RAM and disc must I ask for in order to be safe?
(Feel free to ask for further details if I've omitted something relevant.)
- Database size: 10 MB after installation
- Growth rate: +3MB per day on average
- Size of database 'active' data: (not sure of what this means, there's not actual archive so I guess all data is current)
- Amount of data written per second in peak hours: a few KB
- Number of client sessions: 3 or 4 at most
- Frequency and response size of most heavy requests: some reports make heavy table JOINS that need up to 20 seconds to complete but they won't return more than a few thousand rows with plain text. The app also handles BLOBs (typical size from 50KB to 200KB)