I've seen many examples of SSH tunnels on the nets, but I'm still having no luck with this. Here's the setup:
- Windows 7 PC in a private network, sitting behind a firewall, with PowerShellInsider SSH server set up and working fine.
- Public access Linux server, which has access to the PC.
- Windows 7 laptop, at home, from which I wish to do remote desktop on the PC.
Now, here's what I've tried so far:
- SSH tunnel from my laptop to the Linux server: ssh -f my_user@LINUX_SERVER -L 6666:LINUX_SERVER_IP:6666 -N
- SSH to the Linux server where I've set up a tunnel to the PC: ssh -f 'PRIVATE_DOMAIN\my_user'@PC_NAME -L 6666:PC_IP:3389 -N
Unfortunately, I must be doing something wrong, because it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas why or, at least, any suggestions on how can I try to debug this setup? At the moment, I have access to all 3 machines (non-root on Linux), so I can test whatever I want...