I have a PHP based CMS which makes requests to service provider (a java based ECM(enterprise content management) currently located in the same server as my PHP) and inserts the response to mysql.
What initially starts at a good rate degrades slowly to 1/10th of the original data fetch and insert speed which i check using the count of the records. I'm having troubles figuring out the reason for the degradation and need to find if the cURL request is delayed at the ECM end where response is generated (as XML) or when the response is returned back to my PHP end. There's no change in the server load w.r.t the database (mysql) and I have my own reasons to believe it couldn't a database optimization issue.
What I'd actually like to do is know if there's someway to track what requests are being made, when they reach the ECM when the response is given and when it reaches the PHP again (a sum total of each cURL call's activity). I checked my apache access log if they are logged as
POST requests but couldn't find them. The only option in code level is to set a verbose though i'm not sure on how useful the result would be. Hence wish to know possible options for the same.