I have installed a 2010 CAS with my mailboxes still on 2003 back end and still have a 2003 front end in place. My 2010 server is in a new namespace and runs in parallel with my 2k3 environment. Exchange active sync works just fine as the traffic gets proxied to the 2k3 mailbox server. RPC/HTTP is working on the 2K3 front end but not on the new 2010 CAS.
Exchange connectivity analyzer gives the below error Attempting to ping RPC endpoint 6001 (Exchange Information Store) on server.domain.com The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba)
I have enabled outlook anywhere & port 6001 is listening on my CAS. outlook anywhere authentication is set to basic