What I have:
- Fujitsu-Siemens PRIMERGY BX600
- Brocade 200E (16 port, 4gbit fibre).
- Imagine a QNAP with a fiber 10GBIT card connected to the Brocade 200E (16 port, 4gbit fibre). Would this work; would the card drop down to 4GBIT?
- Are 10GBIT fiber cards backwards completable.
Update. I have the specs of my server now....
Fujitsu-Siemens PRIMERGY BX600 S3 Blade Ecosystem Blade Chassis comprising;
- 2 x A3C40073243 Blade Management modules
- 2 x A3C40089238 GBE Switch Blade SB9F 30/12
- 2 x A3C40085736 4Gb 10 port pass through blades
- 1 x A3C40083767 Digital KVM Modules
- 2 x A3C40073245 Fan enclosures + cooling fans
- 4 x A3C40073262 Power Supplies
My Goals and Objectives
- To have a blade system in place for 8 blades for video rendering, the other 2 for database and scripts etc
- The system will be built on VMWARE ESXi 5
- Use ISCSI on the QNAP to support HA and vmotion if needed
- Users to access the qnap for video editing
- QANAP has 12 drive (2 x (6 HDD in RAID 10)