What I have:
- an online financial application (ASP.NET, C#)
- at peak we have 5K+ simultaneous users
- backend is running on Oracle 11g (active server + stand-by using Active Data Guard). At peak - 4K-5K database sessions
- Oracle is installed on Linux 5.8 (Oracle's unbreakable version)
- the database size: 7TB
- disk storage: NetApp (connected with 10GB network)
I would like to replace old servers (IT will purchase HP blades BL685C). Servers will have 256GB of RAM.
I need your help to figure out what to do with CPUs and cores. Options:
- 2 CPUs (2.3 GHz) with 16 cores each
- 4 CPUs (3.0 GHz) with 8 cores each
Question: Which one should I pick?
P.S. Next year, we will migrate from Oracle to SQL server. I hope, whatever option you recommend will work for both platforms