I'm writing a disaster recovery protocol at work - a protocol that describes how to create a SQL Server instance from scratch in case that the PROD server will be unavailable.
We have SQL Server 2008 Enterprise.
We have a valid backup procedure but I want to have a document that will describes all the steps.
Do you know/encountered a link/s that specifies all the necessary steps to create a duplicate SQL Server based on an old server?
I need that it will be identical in all its components of the instance (I'm not talking about the installation of the Server / cluster) I'm talking about components such as:
- Server configuration attributes (sp_configure)
- Security objects - Logins, Users, Permissions, Credentials and Audit configuration
- Other objects such as Linked servers, Mail profiles
- Replication information
The reason I'm looking for such thing is because:
- I don't want to start with nothing. I guess that the basics are written somewhere online.
- It's a good way to verify that I haven't forgotten anything.
An example for a nice post I've found regarding Logins, Users and permissions: http://johnsterrett.com/2012/01/24/8-steps-to-moving-database-users-from-sql-2005-to-sql-2008/
Thanks in advance,