I have two servers in this set up. AD and EX, the domain is called mydomain.net
- The AD is a Windows 2008 Server (32 bit) with Active Directory installed
- AD only has it's own ip in the DNS-servers list
- AD.mydomain.net does resolve correctly in the dns
- EX is a Windows 2008 R2 that is connected to the mydomain.net-domain
- EX only DNS server is the ip of the ad.mydomain.net
- There are no firewalls running between the two servers
When trying to install Lync 2010 on the EX server I get the following error "Not available :Failure occurred attempting to check the schema state.Please ensure Active Directory is reachable."
I can control the AD from EX, also login to it and do successful checks like
netdom query /domain:mydomain.net fsmo
...that resolves correctly
I suspect there is something fundamentally wrong with my setup, maybe Lync need a 2k8 R2 ad?