This is driving me bananas.
We have multiple REST servers. We set a custom header in IIS so we can identify which server is responding to a request. Each server passes its name in this header.
On the IIS 6 servers, this works %100. On IIS7, it works great... but after a few hrs or days, my custom header setting in IIS disappears.
I have custom bindings, and ssl, and all kinds of good stuff configured.
What could cause IIS to drop my custom header setting?
- IIS 7.0
- Header name: X-APPSERVER-NAME
- Using the inet manager gui application to make the change
Just adding the header with the default value for local or server based setting
The sequence of events is:
- Go into IIS manager
- Go to your web site
- Add a custom header
- Test from fiddler, the new custom header is visible in the response
- Exit IIS Mgr,
- log out of windows
- Go home
- Go to bed
- Wake up
- Eat breakfast
- Go to work
- Discover the custom header is gone!
- Repeat Steps 1-12 a few times
- Post the issue here on server fault