Short version of the issue
- We have a 3rd party workflow tool that needs to check e-mail inboxes.
- The tool only supports checking e-mail with pop3 or IMAP
- Our network guys don't allow pop3 or IMAP access to our exchange server.
My working solution / Concept
- Install some kind of pop3/imap mail server software on the web server with the workflow tool.
- Have the workflow tool import via exchange/MAPI the e-mail for this one mailbox, then serve it up (only to the local machine for security reasons) using Pop3/IMAP so the workflow tool can check the inbox.
Essentially I need a way to "translate" or some kind of adapter to have a pop3 client talk to exchange via MAPI/Exchange protocols.
Do you know of any tool like the one I described above? Is there perhaps a better solution to the problem that I'm missing?