I have a WRT610n running DDWRT v24-sp2. My goal is to setup:
- Single connection from switch to WRT610n, and switch passes tagged VLAN 50/40 and 1 (untagged)
- On WRT610n the 3 LAN ports (eth1/2/3) and 1 WAN port are disabled.
- The wrt610n is to act as an AP
- There should be no traffic passed between VLANS on the WRT610n (that will be the job of my seperate switch/router) 5. There should be 3 WLANs on the AP:
- Radio 0 SSID "A" (mapped to VLAN 1 / no tagging)
- Radio 0 SSID "B" (mapped to VLAN 40)
- Radio 1 SSID "C" (mapped to VLAN 50)
I've gotten part of the way there, but the docs are so old (and contradictory at points) I'm not sure where to go next! (I also don't understand the role of the bridges, and setting bridged/unbridged on the basics settings page). So I have:
- Created wl0 as SSID A
- Created wl0.1 as SSID B (virtual interface)
- Created wl1 as SSID C
and all are marked as "bridged" in the basic settings page. I have disabled the WAN and ETH1/2/3 leaving only eth0 as my LAN connection.
Now what? Do I switch to unbridged and then create bridges? If so, my options for assigning interfaces (to bridges) are: eth0/eth1/eth2/etherip0/eth0.0/vlan1/vlan2/wl0.1 but I don't even know what these mean! (where did eth1/eth2 come from,etc)
SOOOO confused. Appreciate any help!