I've got an instance of IIS 7.5 running on my Windows 7 dev machine that runs a website that is bound to both port 8080 and port 8088. For some reason the site works fine when accessed from 8088, but always sends a 503 when accessed from 8080. Here's what I know:
- There are no processes using 8080, other that IIS (used TCPView to check that)
- There are no firewall rules affecting either port
- Event Viewer, IIS logs, and IIS failed request traces are clean
- A restart of the machine doesn't fix anything
- It's failing before it gets to any special handling of files (an HTML file and an ASPX file produce the same error, but both work on 8088)
I've done everything I can think of short of uninstalling/reinstalling IIS. Any ideas?
Update: A uninstall/reinstall didn't fix the problem either. I'm thinking this must be something wrong with my Windows install or something....