- I am using the lastest Proxmox VE 2.1.
- My server has two NICS with a uplink only connected into eth0.
- My Server is a co-located server utilizing public IPv4 IPs.
- It is not behind a firewall or any system which monitors traffic.
Via IPKVM I did a fresh install of Proxmox, I put in the correct IP, Mask, Gateway, and DNS information. The install went perfectly fine with no errors.
Upon completion and rebooting the system:
- I am unable to reach the web GUI via the browser, it just times out.
- I am unable to ping the server.
- I am unable to ping outside to the Internet from within the server. Tried pinging out to 184.108.40.206 and yahoo.com
- I tried rebooting the server and restarting the network service.
IFCONFIG shows my IP information under vmbro0 which also has the same MAC address as the eth0 device.
eth0 only displays a IPv6 Scope:Link address, which I did not setup myself.
This is my first time installing proxmox, but after searching for a few hours it doesn't seem like anyone else is having the same issue as me from a fresh install with just the defaults. So far the only thing I did was install it.
Also, I know the network cable is good and the IP is good because I was running a Xen XCP server with the same network settings prior to wiping it to install proxmox.
Some additional information:
for pveversion -v (Installed proxmox-ve_2.1-f9b0f63a-26.iso)
- pve-manager: 2.1-1 (pve-manager/2.1/f9b0f63a)
- running kernel: 2.6.32-11-pve
- proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.0-66
netstat -nr (note: .136 is my network, and .137 is my gateway)
- Destination - Gateway - Genmask
- xxx.xxx.xxx.136 - 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.248
- 0.0.0.0 - xxx.xxx.xxx.137 - 0.0.0.0
iface lo inet loopback auto vmbr0 iface vmbr0 inet static address xxx.xxx.xxx.138 netmask 255.255.255.248 gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.137 bridge_ports eth0 bridge_stp off bridge_fd 0