When opening windows "QUEUE MESSAGES" on windows server 2003 I received the error message
"The list of messages cannot be retrieved. Error: Access is denied"
Recreated following these steps:
- Windows Server 2003 standard 64-bit
- Right click MY COMPUTER
- Select MANAGE
- MESSAGE QUEUING
- PRIVATE QUEUE
- QUEUE MESSAGES
Error message displayed:
"The list of messages cannot be retrieved. Error: Access is denied."
Setup/configuration currently deployed:
- Logged in as local administrator.
- Machine is stand alone.
- WCF service is running (using WCF specific user)
- WCF user account is a member of the local ADMIN group.
- dot net 4.0.
- Messing Queueing service is running (local system)
- Maybe a permissions issue creating the error.