I have 5 internal Wi-Fi routers (DrayTek Vigor2110n).
These routers are intended to supply Internet connectivity for visitors of the site within the open area, without aloowing access to the internal network. (Please refer to the below diagram.)
The location of the units, as in the diagram below is: 4 routers in the windows of building A and a 5th router located in the building B, which also transmits a signal to the open area.
My suggested configuration is:
- To configure the routers as APs, with the same SSID.
- The routers will be connected to a switch, which will assign a dedicated VLAN to them and their wireless clients.
- Add 2 wireless repeaters (blue circles) in order to strengthen the signal from units 2 and 4.
My questions are:
- Does this plan look right in general?
- Will this kind of router able to provide roaming for the wireless clients?
- Is it possible to assign a VLAN which will give Internet access without access to the internal network?
- What will happen if there are 70 clients connected to AP number 3 which is physically able to handle a maximum of 50 clients? Will 20 clients automatically migrate to another AP?
Thank you in advance.