I recently upgraded my CentOS 5.8 servers to Apache 2.2.22 and I seem to be having some problems with SSL afterwards.
Our client gives a CNAME to blah.mydomain.com. blah.mydomain.com is a web server with multiple hosts (IP Virtual Hosts) using SSL (and HTTP, but those work fine). So what is happening is that anytime someone visits the site over HTTPS it works fine on iOS, and any desktop browser.
With WebOS (non-factor, really) Android's stock browser (Chrome and Firefox for Android works fine) it gives a certificate warning saying it is coming from our wildcard cert *.blah.myserver.com. If you look at the certificate on the desktop, it looks fine. Issued for blah.client1.com, etc.
Here is our httpd.conf setup
<VirtualHost 18.104.22.168:443> DocumentRoot "/place/stuff/things" ServerName blah.client1.com ServerAlias blah.myserver.com blah.blah.myserver.com *.client1.com SSLEngine on SSLCertificateFIle /etc/pki/tls/client1.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/client1.key.nopass SSLCACertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/verisign.crt RewriteRules and RewriteBase stuff is here </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost 22.214.171.124:443> DocumentRoot "/place/stuff/things" ServerName blah.myserver.com ServerAlias *.myserver.com *.blah.myserver.com SSLEngine on SSLCertificateFIle /etc/pki/tls/myserver1.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/myserver1.key.nopass SSLCACertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/versignmyserver.crt RewriteRules and RewriteBase stuff is here </VirtualHost>
I have tried using 126.96.36.199:443 (for all of the virtual servers, none of them are * or default). I have tried reordering the entries, but no matter how I change it, Android still tries to pull the cert from my *.blah.myserver.com but the desktop version says that it is using the blah.client1.com cert just fine.