I've been analyzing my munin graphs and found that my server's memory usage is quite high.
Is my server memory usage too high? If it is should I:
- get a larger EC2 instance with more memory
- change some configurations (suggestions?)
- EC2 Large Instance
- Over the period of one year I made a couple of minor changes to the server. I however don't remember all the changes I've done.
- One change was enabling MySQL caching. It's easy to see this in the graph attached below.
- As far as the PHP/backend for our web application there wasn't many changes done.
- Memory usage: http://i.imgur.com/1eBmT.png
- Uptime: http://i.imgur.com/kClgo.png
- MySQL: http://i.imgur.com/vg6fj.png
- Apache volume: http://i.imgur.com/OO8jh.png
- Apache access: http://i.imgur.com/6fZNI.png
- Apache process: http://i.imgur.com/cMthh.png
- CPU: http://i.imgur.com/0Mnel.png
- Inode: http://i.imgur.com/4Qfo6.png
- Google Analytics (to compare visits vs stats): http://i.imgur.com/yl8Ui.png
I'm a pretty good developer (PHP...) but when it comes to linux I'm slowly learning. This question might be a bit general. I'm hoping for a general guidance so that I can learn and once I learn I can post a more specific question.