Backstory: We are looking at the posibility to migrate existing documentasion from a windows folder tree ( containing word and excel mostly) to a internal web site ( this is IT dokumentation, if the first go).
Because this is internal use, i was personaly considering using drupal to host site, but its my understanding this is what sharepoint does aswell.
What we need are:
- Restrict access ( IE login )
- Ability to search the documentation
What would be a pluss
- Version control
- Get access rights from AD
- Ability to import existing word / excel sheets into the site ( either bulk or 1 at the time, main problem here might be that our word docs contain pictures)
- Low cost ( Why i was thinking drupal )
anyone have personal experience with doing this ? And got recommendations on what software to use and so on