One Domain user with laptop is gone abroad. I had change some user policy for that Domain User. I have connected his laptop via internet through VPN to my Local Network.
I am getting the following error, when i am trying to update the policy, however i am able to successfully update the computer policy ( please see the print-screen )
" The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not resolve the user name. This could be caused by one of more of the following: a) Name Resolution failure on the current domain controller. b) Active Directory Replication Latency (an account created on another domain co ntroller has not replicated to the current domain controller).
To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html f rom the command line to access information about Group Policy results. "
I have checked through nslookup, i am successfully able to resolve my domain name. I have also added my FQDN in host file in his laptop. I can successfully ping my DC via ip address and via FQDN.
I have also checked that his Username is getting resolve via Security permission on folder ( ACL )
Please let me know where is the problem.