A few days ago I had a problem with an application running on Tomcat, it wasn't able to find files in the filesystem containing accents in the name (like, for example, "reportsandonà.pdf"). I discovered that it was a "locale" problem and i solved this by changing the locale from en_GB.UTF-8 to it_IT.UTF-8
Now i'm facing another problem. Whenever i restart Tomcat with this command: "service tomcat restart" the problem is again there, and i have to restart the whole machine in order to fix it.
I'm using tomcat 7 on Centos 6 64 bit, and this is the start/stop/restart script:
#!/bin/bash # description: Tomcat Start Stop Restart # processname: tomcat # chkconfig: 234 20 80 JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/latest export JAVA_HOME PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH export PATH CATALINA_HOME=/usr/share/tomcat case $1 in start) sh $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh ;; stop) sh $CATALINA_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh ;; restart) sh $CATALINA_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh sh $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh ;; esac exit 0