I have to admit this has stumped me...
- Outlook 2010 (32-bit) w/ Cached Exchange Mode enabled
- Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
Email account is on Exchange 2003
The user is unable to open certain emails in Outlook on this computer. Error msg is "Cannot open this item". The same user has a laptop with Outlook 2010 (32-bit) and Windows 7 Pro (32-bit). On his laptop he CAN open these emails without any problems. So to me that says this is a bug with Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). He can also open these emails on his BlackBerry.
Things I've tried to fix this problem...
- Recreate his Outlook profile from scratch
- Recreate his Windows user profile from scratch
- Reinstall Office 2010 from scratch
- Move his Exchange mailbox to a different storage group on the server
- Installed a Microsoft Hotfix that supposedly fixes the problem (it did not)
Strange thing is - most of the emails he cannot open were emails sent to him from a BlackBerry within the organization. Coincidence?
Any help is greatly appreciated!