To Assign More Than One IP to the Same NIC in Windows 7
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections
- Right click on Local Area Connection and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties
- Turn off DHCP by setting the IP, subnet mask , and default gateway.
I would also suggest setting your DNS servers.
- Click on the Advanded button below where you set the DNS servers.
- The IP address that you just set should show up in the new window that you just opened by clicking Advanced.
- To add a second IP address, click on the Add button and add the IP
and subnet mask.
- OK out of everything.
- Open the command prompt and type
ipconfig /all and make sure it's
showing both IP addresses.
If it's not showing both, you may need to restart your network connection (
ipconfig /release and
ipconfig /renew) to get things working.
For a visual guide, look HERE. This is for Windows XP, but you basically follow the same steps.
To Assign the IPs in IIS.
Open IIS Manager
Right click on the site you want to assign and select Edit Bindings
https is not there, click Add and select https as the type and select the appropriate specific IP address.
https is there, click on it and select Edit, and assign it to the appropriate IP
**Note that you must have separate IP addresses for each site for SSL to work properly in IIS unless you are using a wildcard certificate.