Please read carefully to see the problem details and steps that I have taken to troubleshoot.
We have an executive at my organization who has a German language machine, Windows 7.
I have installed the German Language drivers, and have set the printer to use 'Letter' size paper rather than A4.
- I am able to print a test page just fine.
- I am able to create a word or excel document and print it just fine.
When another user emails a document to this fellow and he tries to print it, it seems to try to print in size A4. (through with the PCL6 driver it gives error code 016-749) This despite the printer settings still being on Letter (including the Printing Defaults). Here are some observations:
- I have quadruple checked the printer settings. It is on Letter.
- The document is not formatted strangely, or selected on an alternative paper type that I can tell - its generated by an english user, for christ sake!
- I have tested with PS driver, PCL6 driver, and Xerox's 'Global' driver. None work.
- I can print the document just fine to a Xerox 7556 down the hall.
- I am connected to the printer by IP, but have also tried to print to it via a share from a print server. No difference in results.
- If I copy the contents of the document and paste it into a brand new document, it prints just fine.
I'm really scratching my head here. Printer driver bug?
Can anyone suggest something else to try in order to fix this problem?