I have an SBS 2011 Standard machine that clients running Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010 have issues connecting to - every hour or so they are asked to enter mailbox account credentials.
The server is as follows:
- Fully patched with Windows Updates
- After out-of-box install, the Autodiscover record was missing in the DNS (this was added - still same issue)
- Self signed certificate is being used not a purchased UC subject-alternate-name cert
- User ticks Remember Password in Outlook, but it still pops up again later anyway
- User clicks cancel without entering details, and they can still send/receive!
- Clients and server are all on the same subnet
- No antivirus or firewall is in place that would block any traffic
- iPhones installed with the self signed cert work with active sync perfectly fine
Can someone kindly advise:
- What the issue may be and how to diagnose further?
- If Subject-Alternate-Name certificates are required for SBS or if self-signed is OK
- Most importantly, how to enable tracing in Outlook or SBS so I can find out why credentials are being asked