I've been working solidly on this issue for the past three weeks. I cannot seem to find where the actual issue is.
I just recently found this article on how to troubleshoot the connection. I made it down to step 4 on the client machine and telnet failed. What would be the next recommended step in the process?
I've already gone onto the server and changed the TCP Port option under IP2 and IPALL in Server Configuration Manager with no change. Thanks in advance to anyone who can fix the issue that this machine is having.
edit: I left out a bunch of details...
- There is no firewall installed on either machine
- No anti-virus is installed on either machine
- I have checked and rechecked the IP address of the machine I'm trying to ping
- The port is forwarded in the router
- The command I used to check the connection was:
telnet XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 1433
- It returned with:
Could not open connection to the host, on port 1433: Connect failed
Here was the result of the
netstat command: screenshot
So the question is, which one do I use?