I have a Juniper EX2200-24T switch.It is configured as an L2 switch (i.e the interfaces are configured in such way that they do not have an IP address.).I have manually connected the port ge-0/0/0 of the Switch to my PC eth0 port.
I want to create a simple VLAN on the switch and make that the default L3 interface and be able to ping the swtich from the PC.
I am doing the following commands from the Junos CLI.
1) edit (To enter configuration mode)
2) edit interfaces (Mode to add interfaces to vlans)
3) set get-0/0/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members myvlan
4) edit vlans
5) set myvlan interface get-0/0/1.0
6) edit interfaces vlan
7) set unit 100 family inet address 192.168.1.1/32
8) edit vlans
9) set myvaln vlan-id 100
10) set myvlan l3-interface vlan.100
I am able to commit the above changes.But I still cannot ping the IP 192.168.1.1 from the PC.It would be great if anyone can point out to me what I am doing wrong.