I have some newb questions I want answering please about cloud hosting - we are currently looking at Rackspace and getting a windows box. This is the situation:
- We have 15 computers in our office.
- We have 3 printers, some wifi and some network plugged.
- We have a standard router and the office share things via dropbox.
The computers are not on Windows SBS or something similar. We want a cloud hosting solution that will offer
- User can login on any machine in the office and see the machine software
- User can login on any machine in the office and open Outlook and their emails and signature will be on exchange automatically
- A shared company folder on the network
- All printers automatically installed on the network
- Users can login remotely to access emails via the web
At the moment we have a network company saying we need Xeon server in house with backup and psu and Windows SBS with license for each machine and also we need cabinets and cabling setup and also load balancers and modification of our DNS for emails.
My question is this. Can cloud offer this? Can we have a server in the cloud that does this? Is it possible I mean the computers would be wireless connected to this cloud and you turn the machine on and its hosted?