I've changed nameserver records for my domain name, migrating the dns to AWS Route53. I've updated the dns a week ago, changing the value for the cname record "mail.". I can see it working fine while other members of the team still see the old destination. The current TTL is 3600 (don't know what it was before to change nameserver), but I can't really figure out how can I force them to see the new destination (now it's a week I set the new record). It seems they are still quering the old namespace, or the cache dns server they are hitting is not up to date with the changes...
What do you suggest to handle this situation? It may afflict also other visitors for our website.
This is the output I get running
dig +trace +norec a mail.mydomain.com
; <<>> DiG 9.8.1-P1 <<>> +trace +norec a mail.mydomain.com ;; global options: +cmd . 3600 IN NS FWDR-58.FWDR-0.FWDR-253.FWDR-207. . 3600 IN NS FWDR-62.FWDR-0.FWDR-253.FWDR-207. . 3600 IN NS FWDR-41.FWDR-17.FWDR-37.FWDR-85. . 3600 IN NS FWDR-83.FWDR-28.FWDR-38.FWDR-85. ;; Received 354 bytes from 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1) in 112 ms mydomain.com. 4870 IN NS ns-1538.awsdns-00.co.uk. mydomain.com. 4870 IN NS ns-243.awsdns-30.com. mydomain.com. 4870 IN NS ns-1531.awsdns-63.org. mydomain.com. 4870 IN NS ns-800.awsdns-36.net. ;; Received 235 bytes from 184.108.40.206#53(220.127.116.11) in 348 ms mail.mydomain.com. 300 IN CNAME ghs.google.com. ;; Received 59 bytes from 18.104.22.168#53(22.214.171.124) in 66 ms